CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

RELIEVED!!!

I have to admit that I have been hiding a tiny little secret. Not everything was happiness and joy on my 50th birthday. You see I got the results of my mammogram and surprise, surprise (not really for me) they saw something suspicious.

I knew the drill, I called to schedule a follow up mammogram but they said that I needed to contact my doctor. I call my doctor's office and the nurse said that all I needed to do was schedule a followup. I told her that they told me that I needed to talk to my doctor. She then pulled up the report and said, "Oh I see that they found 1,2, 3, well several suspicious spots and that the overall tissue in that side was different from the last mammogram and that she would need to talk to the doctor. She said that they would probably start with a sonogram and go from there and that she would make an appointment for me right away. They could not get me in until Tuesday morning. That was really not a long time, but it is a very long time when you could be dealing with cancer (you all know how I am about things..always thinking the worst). So what should have been a peaceful and restful 3 day weekend was extremely stressful....you see I had not had a mammogram in 4 years and I thought, wow if this is cancer it could have been growing for a long time!

This morning I went back to the hospital where they did several more views, angles, compressions, and rolls...OUCH!! The nurse told me that she would go develope the films and would be back within 5 minutes with the results....That wound up being 20 minutes and all the time I was thinking that this was not a good sign. She finally came back and said that they were going to need to do the sonogram after all. So down the hall we went...more waiting! The technician that did the sonogram did locate 3 spots. She let me see them as she measured them2 of them had been there for a while (uh-oh) but one was fairly new (it's amazing how they know this...too long of a explanation for me to get into). She said that she would let the radiologist look at the sonogram pics and she would be right back. When the door opened she had the radiologist with her....OH-NO it must be bad news....but I was wrong. She knew that I was very stressed so she brought him in to talk to me about the spots. Long story short was that they are just cysts...all lined up in a row...nothing to worry about at all!

When will I ever learn to turn my worries over to the Lord and let go!!! Why can't I seem to do this!!!

So ladies.....mammograms....every year (not every 4 yrs...do as I say not as I do!!!)... I highly recommend the Mammography Clinic at Arlington Memorial...they are the best!!! Now I am going to take my sore chest to bed...God Bless You....Love you all!!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I am not very happy with you keeping secrets like that! That is not aloud. But...I am SOOO glad that everything is okay. Love you!

Taylor said...

What a praise!!! I know full well with my own mother and grandmother the worries of a "suspicious" mammogram! I will thank God for the good news tonight! :)

Jenni Darst said...

A. Thanks for telling me this important bit of information.
B. THanks for telling me you had a blog

Sarah said...

hahahaha! Jenni that made me laugh...hard.

Mary said...

Ah!!! What a burden to carry all by yourself!!! That's why you're supposed to tell people, well, people you trust anyway! so they can carry this with you and for you!

Ok, end of scolding. lol I'll remember to take your advice..not going to wait four years. Is it supposed to be every year? Anyway, good to see you have a blog too!