CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Oh Man.....we are getting old!!!

I used to wonder why older folks talked about their aches and pains all the time....well now I know....dang.. something hurts all the time. If it's not me it's Charles. The other day I was on the love seat and Charles was on the couch, we decided to go to bed and as I was holding my back and struggling to get up, I looked over at Charles and he was rubbing his knee and struggling to get up...we both looked at each other and started laughing at ourselves!!

But seriously, as you have read in other family blogs, Charles & Kelvins brother-in-law passed away suddenly last week from a heart attack. I know this should be a wake up call for both of us because we are both so overweight right now. As a matter of fact Charles had gone to the doctor last week and just this week we found out that his cholesteral is way too high...his triglycerides were over 400 (they are supposed to be less that 150)...oops..not good. Also the pain he has had in his shoulder is arthritis, not an injury related problem. The doctor told him to just take over the counter medication for the pain. Poor guy, he is not 50 yet and has arthritis in both ankles, his knee, and now his shoulder. HE STILL WON'T SLOW DOWN THOUGH!!!!

I am full of excuses as to why I can't lose weight. Yes, they are just excuses!! Same way with exercising...although cooler weather would help....uh oh it was cooler this past week...but I had several excuses why I didn't get out and walk.

Well here's to Cheerios, oatmeal, lean meats, and lot's of veggies!!!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Turning 50 is difficult, but now having another birthday every year is awesome. My goal is to keep going to see little Colin grow up. Let's start a weight loss group.

Sarah said...

ok...that comment up above is from my mom...not me. she was using my laptop and I was automatically logged in. I wouldn't know if turning 50 was difficult...hehe. But your post made me laugh. I can just see you and Mr. Chiles laughing at each other. I am glad you have a sense of humor. Speaking of getting old. Some of our jr high girls in our youth group were making fun of Jeff's "thinning" spot on his head. haha!

Jenni Darst said...

That was a humerous post, maaaa! I'm getting old, too! I can't stay up past 10 o'clock anymore. If I were home, I'd walk with you! You can do it, MAAA!!