CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Job Update

So this is why I have been awake since 2:00am...
We had a meeting with our boss yesterday concerning our job situation. We have gone from a department of nearly 30 people to just 6 (+1 EVP). We were told yesterday that in mid March 2 more people will be laid off. It is really getting tough. I received about 30 minutes of training on a job function that I will have to start doing by myself on Mondays. Also on Mondays I now will have to work the late shift (not too bad really). There is pretty much no way we can take any vacation time from now until we close up shop. We will still have to have the phone on from 7:00 am to 6:00 pm and was told that was not going to change. It is difficult to cover the phones and get your job done plus we have to start boxing up our records and getting them ready for storage. Our manager is still working with other departments to try to find jobs opening for us however there are hiring freezes in most departments.

Please pray the 7 of us that somehow in this terrible economic situation we can all find jobs quickly. While I am concerned for myself I am more comcerned for my coworkers most of whom are single (some single with children) and do not have a spouses income to fall back on.

Sorry if this is too rambling to follow....serious lack of sleep.

2 comments:

Jeff Stapleton said...

Maaa,

I'm sorry stuff is getting stressful at work. Hopefully you will find something soon

Mary said...

I will definitely be praying. I can't believe that things are getting even more stressful. You know all the things people want to say: Rest in God, trust Him; He has a plan, etc. and they're all true. But that doesn't make it easy to do. Keep us updated!