CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Hello

I don't know why I decided to do this. I am not good at putting things in writing so don't expect too much. This also shows how badly my spelling has gone down hill....but hey I am getting old so I have an excuse.

I found out this week that I will indeed lose my job...exactly when is still to be determined. Five people in our group were given their 30 day layoff notice on Tuesday. It was a sad day for all of us. Now I ask for your prayers for me and my co-workers. I would really like to get out of the banking world...but that is all I have done for the last 25 years or so. I am praying that when the time comes God will have the perfect job waiting for me. Please pray for my coworkers as the majority of them are single and have no other income to fall back on. We are being given a severance of 2 weeks for every year that we have been with the company. I have been there the longest of everyone in the group...only 3 years.....so that doesn't give a lot of time to find another job.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

We sucked you into blogging!!! I am so glad. I'm so sorry about your job. I know God has something "up his sleeve" for you! I can't wait to see you tomorrow! I know Colin will be excited to see you and Pops too!

Taylor said...

I'm so sorry to hear this. I am glad you started a blog... I feel so "out of the loop" now that I don't see you at church anymore! I am praying for you -- that God would use this time of uncertainty to draw you closer to Him as you trust His plan.